Let’s talk about why paying out of pocket for your next round of Physical Therapy might be a the best health care decision you’ve ever made. Having started my career in a traditional clinic, and working for 2 different large hospital systems, it didn’t take long for me to realize the flaws in our healthcare system. The rigid rules of insurance companies often causes therapists to overwork and burn out, watering down the care, and hindering them from providing the personalized attention every patient deserves. If you’ve ever left a Physical Therapy session feeling like just a number, or that it didn’t quite hit the mark, this one’s for you. There IS a better way! (a much better way!)
What’s the Scoop on Cash-Based PT?
Cash-Based Physical Therapy is where your therapist skips the insurance hassle and operates on a private pay basis. Now, before you think it’s going to break the bank, hold on – it’s not only affordable, but it’s also worth every penny. Paying out of pocket ensures a high-quality, personalized experience that can truly make a difference in your health (and more often than not, is cheaper than actually using insurance!).
We often don’t think twice when splurging on fancy workout gear or healthy groceries. However, when it comes to investing in on bodies and in better healthcare, we tend to hesitate. Why is that? After all, we only have one body, one vehicle to the world. Your health just might be the most important investment you can make, and there’s a cost-effective and efficient way to get back to doing what you love – cash-based PT.
Top 10 Reasons Cash-Based Physical Therapy Might Be Your Best Bet:
- More Quality 1-on 1 Time: Forget being just another face in the crowd. Cash-based PT means more one-on-one time with your therapist, where the focus is entirely on you. Your Doctor of Physical Therapy will be with you every step of the way. No more being passed off to an assistant , athletic trainer, or another provider.
- Personalized Attention: Working one-1-on-1 ensures a level of care that’s tailored specifically to you. No more running around between patients – it’s all about your needs. Your time is the most valuable asset you have, and you will have our undivided attention throughout every visit, every step of the way.
- Building Strong Relationships: In a cash-based PT setting, you develop a robust relationship with your therapist. Trust is crucial for healing, and spending quality time together fosters that trust. The ability to call, text, or email your physical therapist directly in between sessions is one of the greatest assest you can have as you work through an injury!
- Cost Savings: It’s not about the number of visits but the quality of the visits. Less frequent but longer sessions can often cost you less in the long run compared to traditional insurance-covered options. And more often than not, its actually more cost effective to not use your insurance for physical therapy – especially now with deductibles getting out of control (see infographic below).
- Freedom to Address Multiple Issues: While it is extremely unfair, insurance companies strongly dictate if you get better or not based on what they will approve. In Cash-based PT, theres no more waiting for insurance approvals. It allows your therapist to tackle all your concerns without restrictions.
- Long Term Health & Wellness: Longer sessions and no insurance hurdles mean your PT can dive deep into the root cause behind your issues, resulting in more effective and lasting solutions. We have the freedom to do anything we need to do during our sessions to tackle your problem the right way, and get you to your goals, fast.
- Complete Cost Transparency: Another major advantage in being a private pay clinic is you’ll always know exactly how much you need to pay, with no curious bills arriving months later.
- You Can Often Still Get Insurance Reimbursement: Many insurance companies may actually reimburse you for out-of-network PT. Just keep those superbill receipts handy. At The Charlotte Athlete, we make this process easy peasy.
- Flexible Scheduling: It’s no secret that time is our most precious commodity, and we cant get it back. Only needing to see your PT once a week gives you more time back to do whatever you love! Time is precious, and cash-based PT respects that. With fewer sessions, you get more time back for the things you love
- Your Health is the Ultimate Investment: Simple truth – you’ve got one body, so take care of it. Our health is a long game, let’s get it right!
The Bottom Line: Cash-Based PT is a Game-Changer
All of this really comes back to one main point. Cash based Physical Therapy has the ability to provide you with the highest quality of care. Aren’t we all looking for a better experience with health care these days? I can promise you that high quality, affordable care still exists and your insurance company does not have to be the barrier. It’s time to shift the conversation and consider options that prioritize your well-being. If you’re contemplating cash-based PT, we’d love for the opportunity to chat further and answer any questions you might have. Stay informed, do your research, and discover a healthcare experience that’s all about helping you live your best life!
Interested in working with us? CLICK HERE to schedule a free 20 minute phone consult so we can learn more about the problem you’re facing and the goals you want to achieve!
Still not convinved? Check out this infographic below that dipicts an extremly common scenario.
Thanks for reading,
Book below to get started!